You will find here the Best Anger Quotes, podcasts, videos. Anger is our enemy. It upsets our tranquilly and has a negative impact on our relationships and health. When you’re upset, your stomach churns, your chest sometimes feels tight, and your heartbeat quickens. You can also have heat and numbness in your legs.
You become enraged by anger, and occasionally you lose control, destroy objects, and even hurt others. As long as you are anxious, which results in high blood pressure and headaches, it hurts your health.
There are four main reasons which cause anger.
- If Someone blames you for something which you never did.
- If someone else takes the credit for your work.
- If someone lies before you.
- If others don’t trust you.
You will find here the Best Anger Quotes to Keep You Calm. Just spend some time here and listen seriously the podcast on anger, and read the latest quotes on anger by famous people.
Best Anger Quotes Podcast and Videos
Video – 1
Video – 2
What is Anger?
Anger is an emotional response to an injustice, or frustration. It is normally taken as a natural human emotion. Depending upon the circumstances, the intensity of anger can range from mild irritation to intense rage.
What are the Major Causes of Anger?
There are many causes of anger, some of which are given below:
One feels anger when one is prevented from achieving one’s goal. In case, there is an unjust or unfair treatment, one can feel Anger. Anger can be a response to a perceived threat or danger, whether it is physical or emotional.
Anger can often be a reaction to fear, particularly when one feels powerless. Also, One may become angry when one is affected by others actions or words. One feels anger if one feels that someone has taken something that belongs to him/her. Besides, stress also causes anger.
According to Psychologists, anger is a complex but natural human emotion. It has both positive and negative dimensions. Some of the key points that psychologists recognize about anger include:
- Anger can have positive effects when expressed appropriately.
- Anger can have negative effects when expressed inappropriately or without self-control
- Managing anger is important to lead a happy life. Simple strategies such as deep breathing, relaxation techniques can help in combating anger.
- Persistent anger can lead to physical and mental health problems like depression, anxiety, and substance abuse.
What are the Recent Researches on Anger?
There has been a significant amount of research on anger in recent years. Here are some of the key findings:
Anger can have physical health consequences: Studies have found that chronic anger can contribute to a range of physical health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and digestive problems.
The expression of anger can be culturally influenced: Research has shown that the way people express and perceive anger can be influenced by cultural factors. For example, some cultures may view anger as a positive emotion, while others may see it as a negative emotion.
Mindfulness can be an effective tool for managing anger: Research has shown that practicing mindfulness meditation can be an effective way to reduce anger and promote emotional regulation.
Anger can be contagious: Studies have found that anger can spread from person to person, both in person and online, leading to a “contagion” effect.
Anger can be a symptom of mental health problems: Research has shown that anger can be a symptom of a range of mental health problems, including depression, anxiety, and personality disorders.
Overall, recent research has highlighted the complex nature of anger and the importance of understanding and managing this emotion in order to promote mental and physical health.
What Should One Avoid to Escape from Anger?
To escape from experiencing anger, here are a few suggestions:
Avoid Situations which Trigger Anger
Try to avoid or minimize your exposure to such people or situations which tend to trigger your anger.
Avoid negative self-talk
One should try to focus on positive thoughts instead of negative ones, and practice self-compassion. Also, One should try to express one’s emotions in healthy ways, like talking with a trusted friend or family member or writing in a journal.
Avoid dwelling on past events
One should avoid thinking about the past events that have made one angry, as it can create a cycle of never ending anger and resentment. Instead, try to focus on the present moment and move forward.
Alcohol or drugs can never help you in coping with anger. Instead, it can make your anger worse over time. Physical exercise or mindfulness practices can be beneficial.
Best Anger Quotes for Your Daily Use
- Anger is a short madness. – Horace
- When anyone arouses my anger, I will immediately pray for them and regain my peace of soul. – Mother Angelica
- I don’t like to hold on to anger. It eats you up alive. – Teresa Giudice
- My anger is constructive. – Beppe Grillo
5. We have all said things in anger in a moment that we don’t mean. – Ted DiBiase Sr.
6. Hatred is settled anger. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
7. Anger is a good motivator. – James Dyson
8. When a man is wrong and won’t admit it, he always gets angry. – Thomas Chandler Haliburton
9. A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life. – Christopher Morley
10. You can survive with anger, but you can’t live with it forever. – Ariel Dorfman
11. I’ve always turned my anger inwards towards self-destruction. – Mackenzie Phillips
12. Be modest, humble, simple. Control your anger. – Abraham Cahan
13. The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. – Joseph Joubert
14. Fair peace becomes men; ferocious anger belongs to beasts. – Ovid
15. He that will be angry for anything will be angry for nothing. – Sallust
16. When I am angry I can pray well and preach well. – Martin Luther
17. Behind every argument is someone’s ignorance. – Louis D. Brandeis
18. A large part of mankind is angry not with the sins, but with the sinners. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
19. Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. – Benjamin Franklin
20. People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining. -Stephen Hawking
21. There’s nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively. – Wayne Dyer
22. Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose. – Baltasar Gracian
23. Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight. – Phyllis Diller
24. Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head. – Arthur Schopenhauer
25. I am a danger to myself if I get angry. – Oriana Fallaci
26. Getting angry doesn’t solve anything. – Grace Kelly
27. Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you. – Austin O’Malley
28. Avoiding fear, sadness, or anger is not the same thing as being happy. – Zelda Williams
29. Anger is one of those emotions that doesn’t follow the letter of the law. It speaks before it thinks. It rears up on its hind legs and charges. – Lynn Coady
30. Democracy isn’t solely about polite conversations in parliaments. It needs to be continually refreshed with raw passions, anger, and ideals. – Geoff Mulgan
31. Anger is one way to respond to fear. I say one way because responses are categorically multiple. – Mark Z. Danielewski
32. To be angry is to revenge the faults of others on ourselves. – Alexander Pope
You have to control your anger – you can’t be a baby when you lose. – Joe Hart
33. One should not lose one’s temper unless one is certain of getting angrier and angrier to the end. – William Butler Yeats
34. Anger is like a stone cast into a wasp’s nest. – Pope Paul VI
35. Anger is evil. – Jesse Lee Peterson
36. A hungry man is an angry one. – Buchi Emecheta
37. Anger begins with folly and ends with repentance. – Pythagoras
38. You cannot get ahead while you are getting even. – Dick Armey
39.Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. – Isaac Asimov
40. There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone. – Sylvester Stallone
41. Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong. – Baltasar Gracian
42. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding. – Mahatma Gandhi
43. Fear is the only true enemy, born of ignorance and the parent of anger and hate. – Edward Albert
44. How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it. – Marcus Aurelius
45. He who angers you conquers you. – Elizabeth Kenny
46. I don’t usually lose my temper, but if I get angry, it’s true – I’m scared. – Eva Mendes
47. Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. – William Congreve
48. Anger is never without an argument, but seldom with a good one. – George Savile
49. I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him. – Booker T. Washington
50. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Gautam Buddha
51. It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses. – William Arthur Ward
52. I don’t feel bitterness, I don’t feel anger towards anybody. Fighting is never emotional to me. – Conor McGregor
Anger issues quotes
53. Anger is a wind that blows out the lamp of the mind. – Robert Green Ingersoll
54. Anger tears me up inside… My own… or anyone else’s. – Betty White
55. Anger is energizing. The opposite of anger is depression, which is anger turned inward. – Gloria Steinem
56. Arguments only confirm people in their own opinions. – Booth Tarkington
57. Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. – James Thurber
58. Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned. – William Congreve
59. There never was a social change in America without angry people at the heart. – Keith Miller
60. Anger has a way of seeping into every other emotion and planting itself in there. – Dane Cook
61. I felt abandoned at a young age. That’s where most of my anger came from, I guess. – Claressa Shields
62. When you fight, anger drives up testosterone in both men and women. – Helen Fisher
63. Get mad, then get over it. – Colin Powell
64. For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
65. Anger elicits anger, fear elicits fear, no matter how well-meaning we may be. – Martha Beck
66. Anger begets more anger, and forgiveness and love lead to more forgiveness and love. – Mahavira
67. The flame of anger, bright and brief, sharpens the barb of love. – Walter Savage Landor
68. We cannot go anywhere with anger that we haven’t already been. – Afeni Shakur
69. Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. – J. R. R. Tolkien
70. People are unjust to anger – it can be enlivening and a lot of fun. – Philip Roth
71. I live with the truth. – Afeni Shakur
72. Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. – Thomas a Kempis
73. I think we all have a lot of darkness in our bellies. As an actor, the challenge of tapping into that, reaching down into that sadness or anger, is very therapeutic. – Kevin Bacon
74. There’s a lot of bitterness, there’s a lot of anger out there. We all have to work hard to heal those wounds. – Allen Boyd
75. My father was often angry when I was most like him. – Lillian Hellman
76. I’ve spent a lot of time and money trying to keep my anger in control. – Yancy Butler
77. My father was often angry when I was most like him. – Lillian Hellman
78. Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury. – Francis Quarles
79. A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them. – Carl Jung
80. Don’t get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects. – Richard M. Nixon
81. I do not listen to criticism or flattery, one weakens you, and the other anger you. – Diego Simeone
82. I do stand up sometimes out of anger. Sometimes the greatest stuff comes from a dark place. – Tracy Morgan
83. I hate losing and I think it’s good to feel a stab of anger if it happens. – James Haskell
84. Let us be kind to one another and be slow to anger. – Alaska
85. I don’t like to hold on to anger. It eats you up alive. – Teresa Giudice
86. I’ve got a powerful left hook and a lot of intensity. The intensity comes from the anger within. – Kimbo Slice
87. Be calm in arguing; for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy. – George Herbert
88. Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool. – Charles Simmons
89. Anger is a transient hatred; or at least very like it. – Robert South
90. A man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep. –Thomas de Quincey
91. Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. – George Eliot
92. Anger cannot be dishonest. – Marcus Aurelius
93. A broken bone can heal, but the wound a word opens can fester forever. – Jessamyn West
94. Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. – George Eliot
95. When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear. – Mark Twain
96. You must have anger, as rightful wrath is what makes you create your own ethical standards. – Kamal Haasan
97. A man that does not know how to be angry does not know how to be good. – Henry Ward Beecher
98. Anger is an expensive luxury in which only men of certain income can indulge. – George William Curtis
99. My passion and energy get mistaken for anger. – Gary Oldman
100. Every time you get angry, you poison your own system. – Alfred A. Montapert
101. I am too weary to listen, too angry to hear. – Daniel Bell
102. An angry player can’t argue with the back of an umpire who is walking away. – Bill Klem
103. Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor. – Francis Bacon
104. When you learn that the truth is a lie, anger follows. – Grace Slick
105. The anger of a person who is strong can always bide its time. – James Whitcomb Riley
106. Dying peacefully means avoiding any immediate cause for anger, fear, or strong desire. – Lobsang Tenzin
107. I asked a shrink: ‘Everything is so great. Why am I still so angry?’ He said, ‘Anger doesn’t go away.’ I always thought it was kind of a good engine. – Mike Nichols
108. All those who offer an opinion on any doubtful point should first clear their minds of every sentiment of dislike, friendship, anger, or pity. – Sallust
109. Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity. – Yoko Ono
110. Anger is wonderful. It keeps you going. I’m angry about bankers. About the government. – Terry Pratchett
111. Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity. – Yoko Ono
112. I don’t have the feeling of being motivated by anger, revenge, or frustration. – Agnes Obel
113. Anger can be a useful emotion; it’s built into our genetic code to help with self-preservation. But it can also be destructive, even when it is justified. – Michael Hayden
114. No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched. – George Jean Nathan
115. The only justice is to follow the sincere intuition of the soul, angry or gentle. Anger is just, and pity is just, but judgment is never just. – D. H. Lawrence
116. I’ve purged myself of bitterness and anger and remained open to love. -Tatum O’Neal
117. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart… forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. – Hannah More
118. My wife, my daughters, even my grandchildren are funny. You’ve got to keep a sense of humor because anger destroys you. – Michael Caine
119. Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade. – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
120. Everybody in America is angry about something. – Anthony Braxton
121. Solitude is the place where we can connect with profound bonds that are deeper than the emergency bonds of fear and anger. – Henri Nouwen
122. Five enemies of peace inhabit with us – avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride; if these were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace. – Petrarch
123. I’m too mature to be angry. – Jesse Jackson
124. I vent my anger in the gym, and it calms me down. – Samantha Akkineni
125. Sometimes it’s worse to win a fight than to lose. – Billie Holiday
126. Everybody has a breaking point. It’s tough to ignore the impulse to respond with anger. – Andrew Shaffer
127. Violent anger makes me physically ill. – Langston Hughes
128. Boxing gave me a voice to express the anger I felt for where I came from. – Gerry Cooney
129. Whoever incites anger has a strong insurance against indifference. – Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield
130. I don’t think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It’s to do with how much anger is in you. – Amy Winehouse
131. Sometimes with anger, you can be much more dangerous than with skill. Mathieu Amalric
132. Like fragile ice, anger passes away in time. – Ovid
133. Anger is not an accepted thing for women. And, you know, I do get angry. I feel it’s a very honest emotion. – Rosamund Pike
134. I think people should be angry at things that are worthy of anger. Injustice is outrageous and deserves outrage. – Chris Hayes
135. The anger and the creativity are so closely intertwined with me, and there’s plenty of anger left. – Ingmar Bergman
136. Anger is an all-consuming fire that will burn you and everyone else around you. Where is the justice in that? – Afeni Shakur
137. I have to say that anger is the blanket that comes around me, and that blunts and blurs my sense of proportion. – Pete Townshend
138. I can hold on to that, that bitterness and that anger. It won’t get me anywhere. – Brian Banks
139. The bare recollection of anger kindles anger. – Publilius Syrus
140. He took over anger to intimidate subordinates, and in time anger took over him. – Milan Kundera
141. Pundits talk about ‘populist rage’ as a way to trivialize the anger and fear coursing through the middle class. – Elizabeth Warren
142. Love is not always a bed of roses. When it is unfulfilled, it causes immense pain and anger. – Ankit Tiwari
143. Religion can emerge in all forms of feeling: here wild anger, there the sweetest pain; here consuming hatred, there the childlike smile of serene humility. – Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
144. I was very fortunate to play sports. All the anger in me went out. I had to do what I had to do. If you stay angry all the time, then you really don’t have a good life. – Willie Mays
145. My humor has always come from anger, but I have to make sure I don’t just get angry and jump on a soapbox. – Carl Hiaasen
143. A little anger is a good thing if it isn’t on your own behalf, if it’s for others deserving of your anger, your empathy. – David Simon
144. Anger and bad experiences used to fuel my performances, but it was horribly draining. – Jamie Carragher
Q n A
In conclusion, anger can have both positive and negative effects on our lives. It is important lead a healthy life by exercising control over one’s expressions. According to the recent research, mindfulness meditation, yoga and avoiding triggers can help in overcoming the tendency of persistently being trapped in the feelings of anger.
By being aware of the causes of one’s own anger one can take pragmatic steps to manage emotions. Anger is our worst enemy. Simply listen to our podcast, watch the videos, and read the quotations by famous people everyday. It will also enable you to control your anger and provide you tranquility in life.
Every piece of material on this website is intended to inspire users. However, under no circumstances will we be held responsible for any loss or harm, whether direct, indirect, incidental, financial, psychological, or otherwise, resulting from or related to the use of this website. Learn more.
Copy Right Disclaimer
The motivational quotes given in this post are provided to our readers for educational purposes. Similarly, various images, videos are taken from various sources to highlight the content and increase user experience. All rights belong to their respective owners. For any copyright concerns and issues, please contact us .
- Content Source: https://www.google.com
- Images Source: https://www.google.com
- Designing Tool: https://www.canva.com
You may also like: